*Just to get this out of the way… I am not a doctor. If you are sick please seek a medical professional. 😉
Have you ever had a big event coming up and you get sick right before it? Or of course being a parent is a full time job! You cannot afford to be sick with little kiddos under your feet.
Today I am going to share with you an amazing tea that will help you kick your cold fast! Just a few simple ingredients and you are ready to start sipping away!
This is a simple lemon ginger tea. Simply boil the ingredients for 12 minutes, strain, add honey, and sip away! When I am sick I sip on this about 3 times a day and I feel better by the next day or two. It really works wonders and it is soothing on your throat. For an added boost use On Guard Essential Oil on the bottoms of your feet. You will be all better before you know it!
- ½" Ginger Root (do not over do this!)
- 1 Lemon (washed)
- 1 Garlic Clove (optional, but makes it work faster!)
- Take ½″ of the ginger root and wash and slice it into thin pieces. Do the same with the lemon. Take one garlic clove and crush it with a butter knife.
- Add all of these ingredients into a medium size sauce pan that is a little more than half way full of filtered water. Bring to a boil and set your timer for 12 minutes.
- When it is done strain over a large glass bowl. Pour some out into a mug and add about 1 TBL of honey and sip it slowly.
- The garlic in this tea will help clear out congestion and sinuses. Garlic is also a great for natural antibiotic properties. Drink a cup about 2-3 times a day as soon as you feel a cold coming on.